Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Review: Essie Polish "In the Cab-ana"

So I'm still getting used to this blog thing. I'm not sure how many people have read it yet but, I still glad I decided to do it.

Today is Tuesday, April 9th and looking at my car dashboard it read 78 degrees and its beautiful and sunny! That means all the annoying snow is going to be gone and its time to put the dark colors away and time to take out the bright colors for spring and summer. So far color trends I'm noticing is a lot of mint greens, turquoise, corals, and some colors that are just bright and in your face.  I'm already building up my spring and summer collection. I know on youtube I've seen a bunch of people doing video's on their spring 2013 picks. Of course its all based on opinion and in my opinion, Essie "In the Cab-ana" if I had a spring pick list, that would top on the list.

"In the Cab-ana" comes from the Resorts Collection which includes 3 other colors so 4 colors in total for the collection.  This is the only blue and when you first see it, it jumps out. The only other color that sticks out to me is a neon coral color called "Come Here!" which I have not bought yet. The green in the collection seems to be ok, my next color to get would be the purply/pink color called "Under Where?". Back to this color... I'm not sure if the pictures do it justice. This is the first color I've heard my mom say "THAT is a great color!" That statement comes from a woman who does not understand my nail polish obsession and doesn't wear colored polish on her nails ever. "In the Cab-ana" is a very bright, light blue that reminds me of a sunny day in the tropics looking down at the clear water that you can see the fish right through. This color is absolutely beautiful and a great way to get yourself in the mood for sunny weather. If you do not typically wear bright or outrageous polish, but you would like to start, this would be a great color to start with.

It took between 1 and 2 coats to make it opaque which can be typical for polish. I always start with a base coat which protects my natural nail from being stained which some blues can do. Some of my nails after the first coat were a little streaky, but that was a quick fix with a second coat so no issues there. This polish was easy to apply and not fussy. I always end my polish with a quick dry top coat like Wet n' Wild's In a Minute Top Coat (which really does dry in about a minute) or Seche Vite quick dry Top Coat. After I finished painting, there was not much clean up for me. I picked this up at CVS and retails for $8.00. The money was worth it for this color!

No comments:

Post a Comment